Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Saturday 2 February 2013

I just finished reading Fight Club.


It's a short book, finished it in one night.

And then began to wonder: "where the hell has this book been all my life?"

Because every once in a while, somebody brings me my lunch tray and my meds and he has a black eye or his forehead is swollen with stitches, and he says:

"We miss you Mr. Durden."

Or somebody with a broken nose pushes a mop past me and whispers:

"Everything's going according to the plan."

Whispers:

"We're going to break up civilisation so we can make something better out of the world."

Whispers:

"We look forward to getting you back."

Everything in the book's sad, hilarious, disgusting, bitter, and yet very, very true.

I'm out looking for more of Palahniuk's titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment