Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Friday 28 December 2012

Your kid is a pet rock.


From Cappy Cap - why if you aren't going to bother raising your kids and outsource the job instead, you might as well get a dog, a cat or a pet rock. It'll be easier on both your head and your pocketbook.


Which is why I mentioned in my earlier post on childcare that if I ever have hypothetical children and my hypothetical wife is unwilling to be a stay-at-home-mother like my own mother was (assuming I didn't catch that in the filter first), I'll do the job, be a stay-at-home-dad, and hypergamy et al be damned. It's the school holidays now, and every morning on my way to the bus stop I walk past truckloads of parents all waiting to drop off their little lifestyle accessories (some just infants) at the several daycares within walking distance of my home.

After watching this video, I went out to uni and counted the number of obviously Thai/Indon/Filipino maids shepherding children around than people who could conceivably be their parents. Let's just say there were more of the former than the latter.

I refuse to put my hypothetical children through this wringer. If I can learn how to cook, clean, and grow vegetables, I damn well can learn how to care for my own hypothetical children.

No comments:

Post a Comment