Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Monday 17 December 2012

Learning to take care of oneself.

Today I did the whole stir-fry routine, and for the first time, the result tasted good. Not bland, not passable, but good. If what I felt isn't proof that confidence doesn't come from within, but from success and positive reinforcement, I don't know what is.

Eating the whole thing helped, too. I need to go a little light on the sesame oil, though. Can't rely too much on condiments.

Fish - scale, gut and debone(optional), run a pinch of salt into skin on both sides. Half a tablespoon of oil for each portion about the size of one's hand. A neat little rule of thumb that goes independently of fish species.

These are supposed to be basic life skills, but I think that the decision to go MGTOW on my part kicked things into high gear. It's basically "hey, since you've made this commitment to this sort of life, you'd better start picking up the skills to live it". And learning to do these things, at least in some small part, makes me feel like there's a little more hope for the world and I can peek out of the box once in a while instead of huddling under it all the time. It's some small solace in a crazy world out there.

Maybe I'll ask my mother to teach me sewing next. I can sew a button back on - practically required from my days as a conscript - but admittedly not much else. Or maybe how to grow some local vegetables...or maybe something else? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment